If you are creative and passionate, and enjoy working with your hands and interacting with people, then a career as a licensed Cosmetologist could be perfect for you! You can be on your way to a rewarding career where you can put your creative talents to use.
Students enrolled in our Cosmetology program receive practical training and technical instruction that includes haircutting, hairstyling, hair coloring, texturizing, skin care, makeup, nail care, salon management and state board training.
You’ll receive traditional classroom training; however, the majority of training is acquired through hands-on experience on mannequins and with guests. This format provides an exceptional learning experience that prepares students with a solid background in the cosmetology industry.
After program completion, you can follow your dreams to a lucrative career as a licensed Cosmetologist.
Cosmetology Program Curriculum
Practical Training - Hair Dressing
- Permanent Waving/Chemical Straightening
- Hair Coloring and Bleaching
- Hair Cutting
- Manual, Electric and Chemical Facials
- Eyebrow Beautification and Makeup
Manicuring and Pedicuring
- Manicuring and Pedicuring
- Artificial Nails and Wraps
- Professional Ethics
- Fundamentals of Business Management
- Salesmanship and Marketing
- Effective Communication and Human Relations
Health and Safety
- Laws and Regulations
- Health and Safety
- Disinfection and Sanitation
- Anatomy and Physiology
Career Opportunities for Cosmetologists and Job Outlook
Glitz Academy graduates have found careers as:
- Professional stylists
- Hair designers and coloring specialists
- Makeup artists
- Owners of a salon or spa
- Managers of a salon or spa
- Cosmetology instructors